2013 OC FAIR CULINARY ARTS BLUE RIBBON WINNER
Gift Options: 5-Piece Box ($20) or Singles (in different order quantities)
This decadent treat is a core “Mom” Valenza original recipe that was only made at Christmas for dear friends and family. The overwhelming response over the last 40 years is the inspiration for Valenza Chocolatier. Georgia Pecans are roasted to a crisp finish and laid out to form the 'legs' of our shoreline friend. Creamy, silky caramel punctuated with sea salt is luxuriously draped over the pecans forming the salty, chewy body of our friend. Finally, a shell of rich Venezuelan 61% dark chocolate is layered on to protect this enticing confection, remember, "slow and steady wins the race", so try and savor this delectable Tartaruga as long as you can!
- Ingredients: Dark chocolate, caramel (sugar, organic butter, organic cream, corn syrup, vanilla), roasted pecans, sea salt. Dark chocolate cocoa solids 61% minimum, Venezuelan single bean origin, fair trade.
- Allergens: Milk, tree nuts, and soy (as an emulsifier in chocolate).
- Shelf Life: 2 months; product contains no preservatives or additives.
- Net Weight: 1.5 oz for Single; 7.0 oz for 5-Piece Gift Box
- Manufactured: Product is manufactured by Valenza Chocolatier, Inc. at The Hood Kitchen Space in Costa Mesa; a CA approved commercial kitchen facility that handles tree nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, milk, wheat and soy.