Amaretto (Italian for "a little bitter") is a sweet, almond-flavoured, Italian liqueur associated with Saronno, Italy. As legions have it, "In 1525, a Saronno church commissioned artist Bernardino Luini, one of Leonardo da Vinci's pupils, to paint their sanctuary with frescoes. As the church was dedicated to the Virgin Mary, Luini needed to depict the Madonna, but was in need of a model. He found his inspiration in a young widowed innkeeper, who became his model and (in most versions) lover. Out of gratitude and affection, the woman wished to give him a gift. Her simple means did not permit much, so she steeped apricot kernels in brandy and presented the resulting concoction to a touched Luini." (source: "A Brief History of Amaretto". Food Network Canada article)
Amaretto has been a staple in Italian cooking for centuries especially for desserts and to flavour coffee. Valenza Chocolatier pays homage to this liqueur with this decadent bonbon complete with a silky center of 61% dark chocolate ganache infused with pure Amaretto liqueur leaving you with a cherry and chocolate dance.
- Ingredients: Dark chocolate, organic cream, organic butter, invert sugar, amaretto liqueur; dark chocolate cocoa solids 61% minimum, Venezuelan single bean origin, fair trade. Decorated with edible brilliant powder.
- Allergens: Milk and soy (as an emulsifier in chocolate); contains Alcohol.
- Shelf Life: 2 Weeks; product contains no preservatives or additives.
- Net Weight: 2.5 oz (71 g) for 5-Piece Box.
- Manufactured: Product is manufactured by Valenza Chocolatier, Inc. at The Hood Kitchen Space in Costa Mesa; a CA approved commercial kitchen facility that handles tree nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, milk, wheat and soy.