Fine Chocolate is meant to be consumed, no hoarding allowed!
As the saying goes, "Don't let your eyes get bigger than your stomach!" This saying also holds true when purchasing fine chocolate. The best chocolates and confections are fresh, so don't place an order larger than you can consume before the product expiration date. To maximize the freshness, all orders are handmade at the time of placement since our products contain NO added preservatives or additives which changes product flavor and texture. For the best experience, enjoy our creations much like you would bakery items: best in the first few days and no later than product expiration date. (Each product's 'Additional Information' section details shelf life.) The good news is our ONLINE CHOCOLATE SHOP never sleeps so you can place small artisan batch orders whenever you please!
Store chocolates at room temperature, in a cool, dry place between 60-73° F.
For best results, store chocolates and confections at or just below room temperature in an odor-free environment and humidity level of 45-55%. Refrigeration is not recommended.
ORDERING & DELIVERY
Please take some time to understand our standard turnaround time regarding online orders through our wonderful Chocolate Shop. Since we use no additives or preservatives, your order will be made when placed for optimal freshness. Orders placed by Monday at 6 PM PST will either be ready for delivery/pick up Thursday/Friday or shipped the following Monday.
For larger orders, a two week production time is preferred. We encourage advance orders as well. To request a future delivery date, please specify when you would like your order to arrive in the 'Notes/Special Instructions' text box during checkout.
- Local Order ONLY: Please allow three to five days from order placement for pick-up or delivery. Rule of Thumb: Order by MONDAY 6 PM PST, for your order to ready for pick up or delivery THURSDAY/FRIDAY.
- Pick-Up: Local orders should schedule pick up at time of order. Please provide requested pick up date in the 'Notes/Special Instructions' text box during checkout process. Pick up location is at The Hood Kitchen Space (350 Clinton Street Suite A, Costa Mesa, CA).
SHIPPING: UPDATE as of July 1, 2018: Our shipping option has been suspended due to hot summer temperatures. We apologize for the inconvenience, but the last thing we want is for our wonderful creations to be melted upon arrival! Shipping option will commence on October 1, 2018, pending current temperatures. GRAZIE!
Shipping Order Deadline: Orders must be placed by MONDAY 6PM PST to be shipped the following MONDAY. Shipments go out weekly via USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail box on Monday with delivery estimated in 2-3 business days. This eliminates the risk your package will be held over the weekend and sustain potential product damage. Packages will be delivered to your door without a signature. If you are sending a gift, please tell your recipient when to expect the delivery to prevent product damage from outside weather conditions. You will receive a shipping tracking email to know delivery status. HOLIDAY ORDERS are exempt from this schedule with deadline details on specific holiday product.
- Shipping Costs: During the cooler months (October to April), we ship via USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail box plus packaging materials to protect your order; $15 for Medium Box. We reserve the right to request additional shipping fess if order needs to be shipped in multipe boxes or large USPS box.
- Warm Weather Packaging Charge: If the forecast temperature is over 75° F at your order’s destination, we may contact you to add the warm weather packaging charge of $6.00 to your total, change shipping method to overnight, or give you the option to cancel your order due to melting risk. This should help protect your chocolates from melting during shipment. This may apply for deliveries to AZ, NM, TX, & FL; and orders place from May to September.
- International or Alaska & Hawaii: Currently we do not ship internationally or to Alaska and Hawaii.
- Missing, Stolen or Damaged Packages: We will not take responsibility for missing, stolen or damaged packages after they are delivered to the address specified by the customer or for orders returned or delayed due to incorrect or undeliverable addresses. Please know we will do our best to prevent this from happening and may call to confirm address if needed.