Start a new family tradition this Easter with THE EGG!
ALL EDIBLE - Serves over 20 guests.
THE EGG is a one pound Valenza Chocolatier masterpiece honoring Italian Easter traditions. In Italy, there are no Easter egg hunts, no marshmallow Peeps and definitely no jelly beans. Instead, there are chocolate eggs! As a symbol of rebirth and renewal, the chocolate eggs started becoming popular across Europe at the end of the 19th century as chocolate became more affordable. In Italy, the tradition took off after World War II when families had a little extra spending money, post wartime deprivations. Small to massive, beautifully decorated and wrapped chocolate Easter eggs are considered Italians' food gift during Easter season. Each one comes with a surprise inside. It can be as simple as a small gift to as personal as an engagement ring!
Growing up in the Valenza household, each Easter Amy Jo's Father would give her Mother a large chocolate egg filled with assorted chocolates, affectionately known as THE EGG. To honor Amy Jo's Italian heritage and family tradition, she has created her own version of THE EGG. At seven inches long and 13 inches around, this 61% dark chocolate work of art appears as if it is filled with a delicious assortment of mixed nuts and dried fruit. In keeping with the spirit of the Easter Egg surprise however, the exterior is an illusion because in reality THE EGG is filled with over a half pound of assorted bite size chocolates from Valenza Chocolatier's complete collection (mini Nib Bar, solid mini foiled wrapped Eggs in 4 four flavors, truffles and more .) Sorry, no surprise engagement rings!
Make THE EGG your table centerpiece. When it's time for dessert, have your family and friends gather around to carefully cut THE EGG. Step back and watch everyone dive into the chocolate goodness and indulge in the broken shell pieces. A new family tradition will be created!
Exterior design of THE EGG is inspired by the amazing Chef Paul De Bondt of De Bondt in Pisa, Italy.
- THE EGG is available for PICK-UP and local DELIVERY ONLY. Due to the product's fragility, it cannot be shipped.
- Due to limited quantity of production, THE EGG must be PRE-ORDERED by the earlier of Monday, March 19th or until it sells out. It will be available for pick-up on Thursday, March 29th.
- Ingredients: Shell of Dark chocolate cocoa solids 61% minimum and fixed nuts and dried fruit; inside mix of chocolates from collection: Limoncello bonbon bits, PB+C bar bites, mini sesamo bars, mini nib bars, and assortment of mini eggs. Venezuelan single bean origin, fair trade chocolate.
- Allergens: Milk, tree nuts, and soy (as an emulsifier in chocolate).
- Shelf Life: Chocolates: 3 Weeks; product contains no preservatives or additives; Shell: 4 Months
- Net Weight: Over one pound; serves over 20
- Manufactured: Product is manufactured by Valenza Chocolatier, Inc. at The Hood Kitchen Space in Costa Mesa; a CA approved commercial kitchen facility that handles tree nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, milk, wheat and soy.