Wild fennel grows abundantly all across the Italian countryside and the licorice flavored vegetable is a staple in Italian cooking. The celery-like bulb is sliced raw into salads or sautéed in stews and soups. The green fronds are often used as a garnish, while the seeds provide flavor to a variety of sweet and savory dishes and are featured prominently in Italian sausage.
The unique anise flavor of fennel pairs wonderfully with dark chocolate and here the seeds are ground fresh to infuse a distinct and intense flavor into a smooth dark chocolate ganache. A shell of the same 61% Venezuelan dark chocolate encases the rich treat. Pair it alongside a small glass of sambuca for a perfect after dinner treat.
5 Pieces within Sleeve Box for $13.00.
- Ingredients: Dark chocolate, organic cream, organic butter, invert sugar, fennel seeds, and olive oil; dark chocolate cocoa 61% minimum, Venezuelan Single Bean Origin, Fair Trade.
- Allergens: Milk and soy (as an emulsifier in chocolate).
- Shelf Life: 2 Weeks; product contains no preservatives or additives.
- Net Weight: 2.5 oz for 5-Piece Box.
- Manufactured: Product is manufactured by Valenza Chocolatier, Inc. at The Hood Kitchen Space in Costa Mesa; a CA approved commercial kitchen facility that handles tree nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, milk, wheat and soy.